or 'things to eat that don't have dead stuff in them'

Saturday 30 May 2009

tvp and noodle stir fry

So I've never cooked this tvp business before but a workmate bought some and didn't like it so she gave it to me. It's never a good sign when someone dislikes something so much they give it away, but I was willing to give the stuff a go even if it does look like dog food.

So! I made tvp stir fry and while the texture is a bit strange it's nice to have tofu in a different way and I'll probably use it again, though perhaps not often.

I haven't put very exact quantities (as if I ever do), because stir fries are so haphazard for me.

Ingredients:
1 cup tvp (you need to soak it in 1 cup boiling water for 5mins, I put a quarter of a vege stock cube in too)
rice noodles
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
small nob ginger, grated
small stick lemongrass, chopped finely
half an onion, chopped
1 red chilli
broccoli broken into florets
red capsicum, chopped
mushrooms, sliced
soy sauce
kecap manis
juice of half a lemon
sesame oil (or vege oil)

1. soak the tvp
2. meanwhile, fry onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and lemongrass in sesame til softened but not browned
3. add mushrooms
4. when mushies are starting to brown, add tvp
5. add soy, kecap manis, lemon
6. fry for a while
7. add broccoli and capsicum (and, well, any other veges you like)
8. add noodles, toss and fry

*this one isn't rocket science but it was my first go with tvp so i wanted to give it a post*
...

No comments:

Post a Comment